Yarn Group: A (23 - 26 stitches)
Weight/length per ball: 50 g = approx 205 meter
Recommended needle size: 3 mm
Knitting tension: 10 x 10 cm = 24 sts x 32 rows
Superwash / Made in EU
Hard wearing as only a sock yarn can be, DROPS Fabel is a 4 stranded yarn and is superwash treated, which makes it machine washable and easy to care for. Compared to regular sock yarns, DROPS Fabel is spun in a softer wool quality, which makes it an amazing all-round yarn, suitable for far more than socks - try it for baby garments!
With one of the largest colour charts in the DROPS assortment, DROPS Fabel is available in 5 different types of shades:
- uni colour, a selection of solid colours;
- mouline, where two colours are plyed together;
- print, where each shade is made of various colours that repeat regularly;
- long print, similar to print colours but with longer repetitions of each colour and
- spray print, which gives the shades a lovely tweed effect.
Both print and long print colours in DROPS Fabel are produced with a method called “fancy dyeing” that differs from other methods in that each dye lot has small variations in both pattern and nuance. This is not an error, but an element of the yarn’s character.
Keep in mind that the knitted colour samples displayed show the pattern you get when you knit with a fewer amount of stitches, as on socks. If you make a wider piece, the pattern will look different. As with all jacquard-prints there may be differences in colour shades and pattern within the same dye lot.
We Also Recommend