Content: 100% Cotton
Yarn Group: C (16 - 19 stitches) / 10 ply / aran / worsted
Weight/length: 50 g = approx 75 m
Recommended needle size: 5 mm
Knitting tension: 10 x 10 cm = 17 sts x 22 rows
Care: Machine wash 60°C / Dry Flat
Made in: EU
Raw material origin: Cotton from Pakistan
This yarn has an Oeko-Tex® certification (certificate number 09.HBG.68250), Standard 100, Class I from the Hohenstein Institute. This means that is has been tested for harmful substances and is considered safe in human-ecological terms. Class I is the highest level, and it means the yarn is suitable for baby articles (ages 0-3).
DROPS Paris is spun from multiple thin strands of pure cotton - a fiber that breathes and has a high absorbency - which makes garments made in this yarn cool, and yet warm.
Soft to the touch and with a delicate rustic feel, this yarn is available in two different types; DROPS Paris uni colour, made from 100% combed cotton and DROPS Paris recycled denim, made from 100% recycled cotton.
In both cases, this is a yarn that works up fast and easy, and it’s a great choice for beginners and for interior projects like potholders, dish cloths, towels and baby bibs; being especially good for people with sensitive skin, since it does not itch or irritate.
Here are some guidelines to wash your garment in DROPS Paris, but please note that cotton has the tendency to shrink in the wash, so make sure you measure the garment before washing, in order to shape it correctly after the wash:
While DROPS Paris uni colour shades can be washed at 60 degrees, recycled denim colours are more delicate and should not be washed at more than 40 degrees, to avoid shrinking.
- Machine wash - separately - using a gentle cycle program at 40ºC or 60ºC depending on the instructions on the label. Only use detergent without enzymes or optical brighteners.
- NEVER leave the garment to soak/wet in the washing machine for a long period of time.
- To dry the garment, shape it and lay it flat - do not hang - ideally on a warm bathroom floor or on top of a drying rack in a room with good air circulation. Never dry the garment in direct sunlight.
- Can be tumble dried.
- Unevenness in the garment will even out after washing or light steam ironing.
- Never iron the garment directly. Use always a damp cloth between your steaming iron or regular iron and the garment.
Note: If you are washing a project made with this yarn combined with another, the general guideline is to follow the washing instructions for the most delicate of the yarns you are working with.
We Also Recommend